The British Council has said that "All around the world, the ‘creative economy’ is talked about as an important and growing part of the global economy. Governments and creative sectors across the world are increasingly recognising its importance as a generator of jobs, wealth and cultural engagement. The UK has been a leader in the development of this agenda, not just as a driver of the economy but also promoting social inclusion, diversity and development".
Our mission is to support this agenda by providing co-working studio space, community digital workshops and education, mentoring & support programmes to enable small businesses and individuals, young and old to reach their full creative potential.
D-Lab is a Community Interest Company (CIC).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Desk rentals for Designers in co-working studio space
- Mentoring for creative industry start-ups and small sole traders.
- Gallery space for showcasing creative work.
- Digital Fabrication workshop.
- Making, Design and Architecture clubs for school students.
- Regular lectures, talks and exhibition programmes.